Friday, May 13, 2022

My first post!

I was thrilled when Cowboy Kisses invited me to be a contributing author, but I must confess I've been staring at the blank page of my first post with nearly as much nail biting as when I started blogging ten years ago. 

Perhaps the best thing to do is post a few tidbits about myself, so you can get to know me.

I'm a multi-published author who writes both western historical romance and contemporary paranormal romance (under a different pen name). I like the challenge of tackling new subjects and genres, but western historical romance will always be my favorite to both read and write.

You can find a brief history of my writing and blogging experiences in my 10-Year Blogiversary post. My bio, books, and social media links can be found on my author page, right here on Cowboy Kisses.

I was born and raised in Texas, and currently call Magnolia home. My house sits close enough to the train tracks that I can hear the rumble of the train and its whistle in the distance. That was great inspiration for the newest book in my Forging America series, Fool's Iron.

Fool's Iron is currently up for preorder on Amazon and will be released June 1st.

I'll be posting the second Friday of every month here on Cowboy Kisses. If you'd like to follow this blog, the follow options are on the right, at the bottom. If you use a service such as Feedly or Follow.it, add cowboykisses.blogspot.com to your list.

I'm open to suggestions for post topics. What do you enjoy reading about most? History? Life in the 19th century? Crafts? Fun and interesting places to visit? Author life behind the scenes?  I'd love to know!


18 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations on being a contributing author here! And your upcoming release.

Julie Lence said...

Welcome, Melissa! We're happy to have you as part of the team. Hugs!

Jan Scarbrough said...

Glad to have you on board! Maybe post items about how you research your books.

Sandra Cox said...

Congrats and welcome, Melissa.

Elizabeth Seckman said...

You should have added that you're a nurse who saves premature babies!!

Just dropping in to heckle and add my two cents. :)

You're welcome.

Carrie Butler said...

Happy to follow you to your latest endeavor! :) I would love a series on life in the 19th century. Is there a way to get notified of new posts? I don't see anything on the mobile version.

cleemckenzie said...

Hi Melissa. Great to read your good news! Huge congratulations.

Carrie Butler said...

I should have asked, is there a way to simply sign up for a newsletter digest of weekly or monthly posts? Thanks!

Sadira Stone said...

10 years! Congratulations

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Congrats on this opportunity for you!

Julie Lence said...

Hi Carrie:
Cowboy Kisses does not have a newsletter. Some of the individual authors have their own newsletters. Check out author pages and website links from the right side tool bar. At the bottom of the right side, there is a "Follow" and a Subscribe' links. Not going to say they both work, because Blogger has changed some things over the last year. You can try, but the best is to know M, T, W, F of every week you will find a new post. We also have a Facebook group and a Twitter page where you can catch the authors.
Hugs,
Julie

Melissa said...

Thanks to everyone who visited and commented and made me feel welcome. I had to work a 12-hour shift today, so I'm bringing up the rear. :)

Michelle Wallace said...

Congratulations on the new gig with Cowboy Kisses!

Juneta key said...

Congrats, on Cowboy Kisses. Wonderful news. I always like hearing about the inspiration for story ideas.

Pat Hatt said...

Congrats! I'd probably find a train annoying to live by, but story idea is a win indeed.

Melissa said...

Thanks for visiting, everyone!

@Pat - The train is far enough away that I can only hear it when the house is quiet. And even then, it's soft enough that it's soothing, not annoying.

T.K. Conklin said...

Glad to have you with us at Cowboy Kisses. From Texas to Mongolia! Wow! What a change.

Melissa said...

Not Mongolia. Magnolia. LOL International travel is not my thing. Thanks for the warm welcome. :)