Having just signed another contract with Harlequin for three books (making five I’m contracted to write over the next few months), company coming this week, and a new grandbaby, I’m making life a touch easier on myself this week by posting a few Old West Tidbits from my list of many.
I do hope you enjoy them!
- · As partial compensation for his lost territory, in 1905 the United States Government gave Geronimo a Cadillac.
- · After committing a robbery, Charles E. Bolton would leave a note signed “Black Bart”. He was almost sixty when he started robbing stages.
- · It’s said Mail Order Brides did more in taming the west than any law or lawman.
- · Clay Allen pulled out a dentist’s teeth after that dentist had pulled one of Clay’s—the wrong one.
- · The Dalton Gang met their fate in Kansas in 1892 when they attempted to rob two banks at the same time.
- · Billy the Kid was also known a Billy Bonney, Henry McCarty, and Henry Antrim.
- · Jesse James’s nickname to his close friends was Dingus.
- · Ben Kilpatrick, one of Butch Cassidy’s Wild Bunch known as the “Tall Texan”, loved riding bikes and only ever ordered ham and beans to eat because he couldn’t read.
One final bit of information: August 1st was the release day for the Stetsons and Scandals miniseries from the Harlequin UNDONE line. Both Dance with the Rancher and Rescued by the Ranger are now available.