Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Guest Honky Tonk Hearts Guest Donna Michaels


Honky Tonk Hearts Guest by Lauri Robinson

www.laurirobinson.blogspot.com


Today I have one more author from The Wild Rose Press and their Honky Tonk Hearts Series. The books in this series are centered around the Lonesome Steer Honky Tonk located near Amarillo, Texas ran by Gus Rankin, and come in all heat levels. Books released in the Honk Tonk Hearts Series so far include: 

Honky Tonk Man by Sylvie Kaye
Nothing but Trouble by Jannine Gallant
Sing to Me, Cowboy by Lauri Robinson
Those Violet Eyes by Vonnie Davis
The Morning After by Brenda Whiteside
 
Lauri: Today I welcome Donna Michaels. Thanks, Donna, for joining us today! Tell us a bit about you.

Donna: Hello, Laurie. Thanks so much for having me here today. This is a wonderful series. Okay, on to a little bit about me.  I’m happily married to a military man for over twenty-six years, and together we live in Northeastern PA with our four children (sometimes five, when my dil visits from law school…long story), several rescued cats, and my parents who moved in with us when the economy tanked a few years back.  Yes, we have a full house…you can’t make these things up! lol But I truly feel blessed.

I’m a multi published author of Romaginative Fiction. From short to epic, sweet to hot, I write all lengths and most romance genres—Contemporary, Comedy, Sci-Fi, Paranormal, Fantasy, Suspense and Action/Adventure. My works are in both Digital and Print and can be found at my website, Amazon, and B&N. To me, there is no better experience than to give and I hope my books give the reader an enjoyable escape.


Lauri: Now that sounds like a houseful, but also a blessing to all be together! Tell us a bit about your Honky Tonk Hearts story.  

Donna: Sometimes a practical joke is a gift...

That’s the tagline to COWBOY-SEXY to be released 01-02-13.

Finn Brennan is used to his brother playing practical jokes, but this time he's gone too far--sending Finn a woman as a ranch hand. And not just any woman, but a Marine. When 1st Lt. Camilla Walker's commanding officer asks her to help out at his family's dude ranch until he returns from deployment, she never expects to be thrust into a mistaken engagement to his sexy, cowboy twin--a former Navy SEAL who hates the Corps. But before long, Cammie is wishing their fake engagement could be real. The Corps took Finn's father, his girlfriend, and threatened his naval career. He's worked hard for another shot at getting back to active duty. The last thing he needs is a headstrong, unyielding, hot Marine who not only tempts his bed, but soon has him rethinking his goals.

Lauri: A brother with a sense of humor can cause trouble, that’s for sure, and it sounds like Finn’s does!  Tell us what you like best about your story.

Donna: That the characters took over and wrote the story themselves. I kid you not. When Stacy asked if I’d be interested in writing for the HTH series and Finn and Cammie popped into my mind, they immediately took over and wouldn’t shut up. lol Exactly how they are in the book. They have a great chemistry, are headstrong, love to help others and unknowingly help each other heal.

Lauri: Don’t you love it when characters do that? Just take over and give you their stories! Awesome. Give us an excerpts.

Donna: Here you go:

She straightened to her full height and stared him down, brown eyes flashing like fire water. “You’re not my C.O. You can’t order me around.”
“Wrong. Brett’s the only one who can order you to go home,” he corrected, lowering his voice when the two college stable hands entered the building. “But I am the one who can tell you where to work on this ranch.”
She softened her expression, then sauntered closer to finger his collar.
“And what would you have me do, Finn?” she asked in a quiet, sultry voice.
Her complete about-face had his heartbeats kicking the hell out of his ribcage. He stiffened. What was she up to?
Stifled snickers quickly enlightened him. She was keeping up appearance, playing the dutiful fiancĂ©e, you idiot. For a moment there he thought…
Didn’t matter what he thought.
Terry sent the boys a look. They grabbed pitchforks before disappearing into a nearby stall.
Cammie removed her hands from his chest and stepped back. “Well? Where do you want me to work? With you?”
“No.” The last thing he needed was her around, countermanding his orders as he guided guests on the horse trail. “Why don’t you help my mom and Aunt Lettie with the party details?”
She blinked, then smiled broadly, her gaze bouncing between him and Terry. “No, I mean really. What do you want me to do?”
“I told you, help my mother. Most women enjoy planning parties.”
She stiffened, every trace of amusement gone from her face. “I’m not most women, Navy. Don’t confuse me with your ex-girlfriend. I’m not Heather.”
He inhaled strong and swift. “No, you’re not.”
Heather was sweet and non-confrontational, not a willful control freak like the lieutenant in front of him.
He was the boss, not her, and it was high time he showed her just who was in charge.
Finn stepped forward, slowly stalking the woman, purposefully invading her personal space until she was forced to retreat. The Marine backed up until her incredible backside hit the wall, stopping her escape. Satisfaction warmed his blood. Chalk one up for Navy.
“Wh-what are you doing?” she whispered.
Brown eyes widened with a mixture of apprehension, and God help him, desire. He palmed the wall on either side of her head and smiled down, beginning to enjoy the situation.
“I’m showing those college boys, and you, who’s boss.”
The instant she opened her mouth to protest, he pressed into her delectable curves and captured those tempting, objectionable lips.
The Stetson fell off his head, but he didn’t care. Over and over, he nipped, drank and tasted, taking advantage of her surprised state. He was on a mission. A mission to teach the headstrong Marine a lesson.
Now was the time to pull away, to leave her staring after him, wanting more. Everything was perfect. He had an audience of three who could verify he had effectively shut the woman up.
But when her tense body unexpectedly softened, his goal became fuzzy. The hands on his chest, holding him at bay, suddenly snaked around his back and pulled him in closer. Her sweet, yielding mouth turned hot and demanding, and Finn had all he could do to hold back a groan.
She tasted incredible, and her lack of resistance fueled his hunger. He deepened the kiss, sliding his tongue into her mouth to capture her essence for his very own. She trembled against him and his body responded with a slow, consuming burn.
Instead of drawing away, he dropped his hands to her waist and held tight as their tongues tangled and explored. Heaven help him, he never wanted any woman so bad or so fast in his life. She took him from zero to sixty inside of two seconds.

Lauri: Zero to sixty! Love it!  Please tell about reviews/what/where you’ll be next promoting your book or other books you have coming out.

Donna: COWBOY-SEXY will continue to hit the blog circuit this fall. I will post the dates on my website as I get them.
Currently, I am working on my first self-publication release—CAPTIVE HERO.
When Marine Corp test pilot, Major Samantha Sheppard accidentally flies back in time and inadvertently saves the life of a WWII VMF Black Sheep pilot, she changes history and makes a crack decision to abduct him back to the present. With her lifelong dream of becoming an astronaut for NASA now at risk, and determined to keep the timeline safe by not messing with history or the future, she hides the soldier at her secluded cabin in the Colorado wilderness. After a rocky start, she convinces him to remain in the present and eventually gives into the strong attraction pulsing between them. But when Sam discovers the man she’s fallen in love with isn’t the soldier she thought, and has now not only jeopardized history but her family’s very existence, she’s forced to choose between life and love. Can Sam find the strength to return him to WWII and certain death? Will their love survive the test of time?
I hope to have CAPTIVE HERO ready for release in September. Please keep an eye on my website and Amazon.
As always, thanks for reading,
~Donna

Lauri: Thanks, Donna, for being here today and congrats on the awesome addition to the Honky Tonk Hearts series!  

9 comments:

Donna Michaels said...

Thanks for the great interview, Lauri. Honky Tonk Hearts is a great series. I was happy to add Cowboy-Sexy to the mix.

Lauri said...

Thanks for sharing your story with us, Donna!

Jinny B said...

Hi Donna, I shared this so my friends would see it, but mostly my sister out in Nevada. She is a cowboy nut and I know she will enjoy you stories! I sure have! Love you sweetie, Jinny

Donna Michaels said...

Hi, Jinny!
Thanks so much for stopping by and for sharing with your sister. I know she'll enjoy this series, too!

Lyn Horner said...

Wow! That's one hot excerpt! Thanks for tempting us with it, Donna.

Donna Michaels said...

You're welcome, Lauri. Thanks again for having me.

Donna Michaels said...

Thanks, Lyn.
Finn and Cammie are passionate people. lol

P.L. Parker said...

Great excerpt - and your draw on Facebook was great!

Donna Michaels said...

Thanks, P.L.!

hehe...it was all true, though. Alex was my inspiration for Finn right from the start. :-)