Monday, December 19, 2022

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

 I hope 2022 has treated everyone well. The year is almost over and I hope that 2023 will be even better.

Due to the blizzard, my prepared blog is at home on my computer and I am out on the prairie in the camper with no computer. I didn’t make it home over the weekend to upload my blog like I had planned. So I’m doing this on my phone and it will be sweet, simple, and unprepared.

I am happy to share the news that Guarded Hearts won the Best Indie Book Award for Historical Romance. I think it’s a great Christmas gift. 


As my writer friends know, writing a book takes a lot of time and hard work. Writing a book readers enjoy is award winning as well. When they are eager to read your next book, it is a wonderful feeling. I was unsure if I should enter contests. Having my book judged against others scared me. But I was brave and entered my first book in several contests. Threads of Passion won the Best Indie Book Award and a few others. My fear of being judged was gone and I found a new confidence in myself and my writing.

Going to award banquets and conferences has been an amazing experience. I have met so many talented authors and have learned so much from them. I still have a lot to learn but it’s easy to learn when it’s something I love. Being a part of such a great community of writers has been a blessing. It has allowed me to be a part of writing groups such as Cowboy Kisses.

This time of year is busy for everyone and I wish you all a safe Holiday season. Take time to love your family and count your blessings. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Please share in the comments your awards and achievements.







All links to my books can be found on my website  https://www.tkconklin.com/books


1 comment:

Julie Lence said...

Congratulations, T.K.! I'm so happy for you. Merry Christmas!