Tuesday, February 21, 2023

A recent release

Saving Maddie - A Ridge Ranch Novel 

As much as Wyatt Ridge tries to escape his roots and his family's horse ranch, when his brother calls for help, he’s always there. Long before the Ridge Ranch series starts, there’s a drift between James Ridge and his boys. As the oldest, Wyatt was affected more than his younger brothers, Connor and Cooper. He was expected to come home and take over the ranch as every oldest Ridge for generations had before him. The problem was that Wyatt wanted nothing to do with the ranch and it only cut the drift between him and his father deeper. 

One of my favorite short scenes in this book is when Conner calls Wyatt about a bobcat attacking the herd. Wyatt doesn’t have anything to do with the daily operations of the ranch, but he drops everything to help his brother protect their livelihood. While he might have stepped away from the ranch, he was never far from his roots. Ever heard it takes a village to raise a kid? When Wyatt finds out he has a daughter, he has no choice but to reach out to his family and friends, which, for this loner, isn’t something he does easily. Watching this little girl wrap everyone around her finger is precious. 

Saving Maddie was released the end of January and can be found here

When Wyatt Ridge’s life gets turned upside down, he might just realize his daughter isn't the only one who needs saving? 

Arianna Wade -
It feels like I've been running forever. When the first move wasn't enough to shake the shadows of my past, I know that I need to do something drastic. Moving to the middle of nowhere to nanny for a young girl in need seems like the perfect solution. But this fresh start comes with strings attached, and I'm not ready for the chemistry that sparks when I meet the young girl's father. 

Wyatt Ridge - 
I'm used to disappointing people, like my father, who wishes I had followed in his footsteps. But I'm happy with my life, and running my own construction business leaves little time to dwell on the past. That is, until one phone call changes everything. Suddenly, I have custody of a hurt and scared daughter I never knew existed, and I'm asking for help for the first time in my life. 

Ms. Wade is perfect with my daughter, and as hard as I try, I can't deny that part of me thinks the two of us might be perfect too. Even though we've both been burned before, maybe it's possible for two broken people to save each other. 




Don’t forget to check out the rest of the Ridge Ranch Series - 
Managing Ryan - A Ridge Ranch Novella 
Sign up for my newsletter to get a free copy. 

Can one wrong turn change two lives? 

Ryan Weston -  
My life might not be perfect, but it’s perfect for me. Quiet. Simple. I help run the Ridge Ranch. It’s hard work and gives me what I need. But it doesn’t leave me much to offer anyone. Especially the woman standing on the ranch house’s front step. My instincts scream at me to turn her away. The last thing we need is a beautiful woman distracting the ranch hands, but I can’t deny the little things needing attention around here. Including a decent meal. I can't be the man she needs, but I need her more than anything. 

Heather Wright - 
The job I was promised is ripped away before I even get through the door. A lack of funds and a wrong turn find me in the little town of Emerson, Minnesota. Now, all that stands between me, a warm meal and a place to sleep, is a grumpy cowboy. I convince him he needs me, or at least the ranch does. I’m thrilled he accepts; it can’t be that hard to cook for a cowboy and his ranch hands. Can it? Now, if only I can convince him that he needs me just as much. 



Finding Liv - Conner and Liv’s Story 

What happens when sweet city meets country? 
Will sparks fly or will she want more than he can offer? 

Conner Ridge - 
Running a cattle ranch in the middle of nowhere doesn’t leave time to meet people. Not wanting to be alone, I made an arrangement with a friend. We're supposed to get married if we ever stop dragging our feet, but something unexpected happens—I meet her. We couldn’t be more different if we tried. I was born to raise cattle. She was born for the finer things. So, why am I drawn to her? Is it too late to change course and listen to my heart? 

Liv Meyers - 
I’ve spent my life fighting against expectations to be the perfect southern belle, when all I want is to find my own way. Things are on track until I lose my job, and this city girl lands herself in the middle of Minnesota. A handsome cowboy sweeps me off my feet and it doesn’t take long to fall for him. When I discover he’s not available, it might just break me. The town sees me as an outsider, but I’ve never felt more at home. When I truly lose everything, will I make my life here or go back to the city.

1 comment:

Julie Lence said...

Congratulations on your new release, Katina!