Monday, June 10, 2024

What book made you fall in love with reading? by Jan Scarbrough


 


Do you love to read? I do. I was a reader before I was a writer. So, you may not have become a writer, but if you love to read, you must have a book or books that created that love within you.

 

The books I loved were the Black Stallion Books. I must have read the complete series before the fifth grade.



 

First published in 1941, Walter Farley’s best-selling novel for young readers is the triumphant tale of a boy and a wild horse. From Alec Ramsay and the Black’s first meeting on an ill-fated ship to their adventures on a desert island and their eventual rescue, this beloved story will hold the rapt attention of readers new and old.

 

What about you? What book made you fall in love with reading?





Today I write romance novels. Check out my new website at https://janscarbrough.com/





2 comments:

Julie Lence said...

Hi Jan: I had some favorites while growing up, though I didn't read complete series. I liked Trixie Beldon, Nancy Drew and I loved Little Women. In my late teens, I liked mystery and I loved Jackie Collins. It wasn't until my mid 20's that I fell in love with romance and shortly after, western romance.

M.J. Schiller, Romance Author said...

I'm with Julie, Nancy Drew, Trixie Belden, and Little House on the Prairie! Before that it was Where The Wild Things Are, Curious George, and Go, Dog, Go!