Monday, May 4, 2020

The Beauty of Arizona

By Kristy McCaffrey


I wanted to continue sharing photos of my home state of Arizona for those of you who may have never visited. Or maybe these will spark a memory of a previous vacation. And if by chance you're an Arizona resident, then you know the stark beauty of this wonderful state.

Check out my April post for more photos.

The Sonoran Desert near Phoenix.

A Bristlecone Pine, photographed at 10,000 feet near Flagstaff.
These trees can be several thousand years old.

A few years ago, my husband and I took our children on a houseboat trip
on Lake Powell. This was one of our campsites.

On the border of Arizona and Utah. This was taken as my dad and I hiked
to The Wave, an iconic sandstone formation.

Snow Bowl Ski Resort in Flagstaff. The high peak in the
background is Mt. Humphrey, the tallest mountain in Arizona.

The Grand Canyon.

Storm over Mt. Humphrey's. Photo taken from my parents' house.

The many moods of a Saguaro Cactus.

"You can see an angel anytime and anywhere."
~ poet Mary Oliver



All photos by Kristy McCaffrey





Connect with Kristy







4 comments:

Julie Lence said...

Beautiful photos, Kristy. Arizona is such a pretty state. Thank you for sharing your collection.

Kristy McCaffrey said...

Thanks, Julie. Have a wonderful Monday!

Zina Abbott Author said...

How did you get such a clear picture of the Grand Canyon? Any time we've been there, it has been sm-o-o-g-g-gy. Then again, I don't think we've been there in winter, probably, like the Mojave Desert, your best time for clear air.

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Kristy McCaffrey said...

Zina,
I believe I took that photo in the summer. I must've gotten lucky. :-)