Friday, August 6, 2021

Train Robbery!




Train Robbery

 

     As a little girl I remember watching old westerns with my father and the one thing that stood out was always a train robbery. Ambushed, derailed, attacked by gunslingers, they were exciting! The criminals found unique ways to stop the steel beasts. Either by blocking the rails or prying up a piece of the tracks, the goal was the same, to stop the train. 

At the time trains were much slower than they are today. It wasn’t truly that hard to board a train and rob the passengers. 





     In my new release book, “The Marshall and the Thief,” my main character Paige is the daughter of an abusive criminal. Up until this point in the book they have robbed individuals, cheated at cards and even robbed banks but now they are looking for a big payout. Click below to download your copy. 




     When her father offers his daughter as payment to a horrible criminal known as Lieutenant, Paige knows her time is up. Lieutenant has had his eyes on Paige for years. He promised to plan a successful robbery in return for Paige. Freedom comes at a cost. Paige must decide if she’s willing to pay the price even if that means robbing from her own father. 

 

      This was a fun book to write. I learned how women traveling on trains used to hide their valuables in unique places, like their hair! The bigger the hair the more space for money and jewels. Women were never given enough credit. I enjoy plugging these juicy tidbits based on facts pulled straight from history. 

 

     If you love history, action-adventure and romance please subscribe at  www.followlynnsthread.com

     Or visit me on Amazon at: 

https://www.amazon.com/Lynn-Landes/e/B00FACLEZI/ref=dp_byline_cont_pop_ebooks_1

 

 

Thanks, Lynn Landes

1 comment:

Julie Lence said...

I grew up watching those old westerns with my father, too. My favorite was and still is John Wayne. I remember the old trains in some of the movies and would love to take a ride on one, minus the outlaws, lol. Thanks Lynn!