Tuesday, November 15, 2022

How I destress by Rhonda Lee Carver

 I love holidays. I love Thanksgiving and gathering with family and friends, eating great food, sitting at the table chatting about everything from the weather to shopping. I enjoy the fall season with the smells of pumpkin, nutmeg, leaves falling and the beautiful colors. I love Christmas equally. Hallmark holiday movies. Hot chocolate by the fireplace. Putting up the tree and decorations. The buildup of the festivities. Enjoying traditions we've celebrated since our kids were little. Matching Christmas jammies. Christmas Eve spent driving around our small town looking at lights. Opening one gift each. Setting out a cookie and milk for Santa...not so much anymore.

But I must admit...as much as I love the holidays, the time between November 1st to December 24th can be a bit hectic. Buying gifts. Decorating the house. Finishing a book before Christmas. It can all be overwhelming. I don't bake a lot but getting in the kitchen and trying out new recipes can relax me. Here are some pictures from my "kitchen" time last Sunday.









NEW COWBOY BOOK COMING in January



In matters of love and second chances, a man must hold on and never let go.

Whiskey Ryder spends most of his time on the back of a horse on a mountain. Whether it’s on a search and rescue mission, or on the Ryde Hard Ranch working the land with his brothers. He’s all about being a cowboy…and a single father of a preteen who woke up one morning hating him. He’s been told it’s a normal phase for all kids, but he’s like a parenting fish out of water. He’s a millisecond away from chewing leather but his stunning first love comes back to town and, to his relief, takes the job as nanny. She has a way with his daughter. And his heartstrings.

They are better together than whiskey and cola but claiming a second chance won’t be easy because someone sees her as a threat and wants her to leave town…dead or alive.

Codee Fields finds herself helping an old friend—old friend as in the cowboy who was her first love, first kiss, first everything. She’s had a couple of failed relationships—and careers—but Whiskey is “the one who got away”. But her priority is to solve the mystery of her sister’s death now that she knows it wasn't an accident...

Whiskey will protect her at all costs, but will it be enough for a second chance at romance? Or will tragedy strike and everything he’s wanted disappear?

If small town romances with lots of emotion and adventures in the mountains, and sweltering chemistry between the lead characters, are what you crave then grab books by Rhonda Lee Carver.


Connect with me!


TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@rhondaleecarver?lang=en

Facebook: www.facebook.com/rhondaleecarver.author/

Twitter: www.twitter.com/RLCarver

Instagram: www.instagram.com/rhondaleecarver/

Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/rhondaleecarverauthor/

Amazon: www.amazon.com/Rhonda-Lee-Carver/e/B00CQLXKTO

BookBub: www.bookbub.com/profile/rhonda-lee-carver

Street Team: www.facebook.com/groups/471259293018665/

Newsletter: Subscribe here

 

3 comments:

Julie Lence said...

I love the holiday season, too! I'm sad when it' over but also happy to get the house back to normal. Hugs, Rhonda!

Rhonda Lee Carver said...

Same for me. I feel a sense of sadness when it's over.

Kelly Bailey said...

I love to bake during the holiday. It relaxes me and now a bit expected by some. Since my mom's passing, holiday dinners and extended family traditions have gone by the way side. I have a few little ones that I love seeing Christmas excitement through their eyes.