Monday, April 13, 2015

Horses- much needed in the Old West- today there is a great need for rescues #ASMSG by Kathleen Ball

Horses- much needed in the Old West- today there is a great need for rescues #ASMSG by Kathleen Ball

My last series Cowboy Seasons highlighted to need for rescue horses. I did a lot of research but it wasn't until I rescued a few myself that I realized just how cruelly some horses are treated.


A few weeks ago I got an urgent message about a man who had collected a great many horses and was going to sell them south of the border. He bought them at auction, from Craig's list and ads in the papers. His purpose- buy low- $25.00 or sometimes free and sell to slaughter houses in Mexico.


He wouldn't give them up but he was willing to sell them to buyers. This is Sparrow I paid 250.00 for her to live

She's only three years old. They had to use a hoist to get her to the Crossfire Rescue. She is finally in my and my daughter in law's care. She didn't even know what a treat was and refused them. Finally when she thought no one was looking she timidly checked one out and ate it. 

This is Ellie a pregnant mare the man was going to sell over the border. I paid to save her life too.

There is nothing wrong with her but when the man caught wind the rescue was determined to get all the horses out- he started raising the prices. I can't wait to see what her foal looks like.

Both horses arrived here on Thursday and it was such a relief to see  they both made it. Seeing Sparrow in person brought tears to my eyes. I have never seen a horse so malnourished before. The vet said if it had gone on much longer her organs would have shut down. 

Horses live a pretty long life. They are not pets you can just discard or throw away. I'm just glad Sparrow and Ellie now have a forever home and will be much loved.

 

Ellie with my Granddaughter

I wish I could save them all but it's not cheap to board and feed a horse. I'm just grateful there are a lot of people out there who have made it their mission to save these horses.  



 
 
Sexy Cowboys and the women who love them...

Finalist in the 2012 RONE Awards.

Top Pick, Five Star Series from the Romance Review.

Kathleen Ball writes contemporary western romance with great emotion and memorable

characters.Her books are award winners and have appeared on best sellers lists including

Amazon's Best Sellers List, All Romance Ebooks, Bookstrand, Desert Breeze Publishing and

Secret Cravings Publishing Best Sellers list. She is the recipient of eight Editor's Choice

Awards, and The Readers' Choice Award for Ryelee's Cowboy.

There's something about a cowboy....

***Order of my Books***
Lasso Spring Series

Callie's Heart
Lone Star Joy
Stetson's Storm

Dawson Ranch Series

Texas Haven- FREE
Ryelee's Cowboy
*Alice's Story- free prequel on my website

Cowboy Seasons Series

Summer's Desire
Autumn's Hope
Winter's Embrace
Spring's Delight
http://www.kathleenballromance.com
Facebook Fan Page- https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kathleen-Ball-Western-Romance/121300767916947

@kballauthor

No comments: