Monday, June 22, 2020

And the rockets red glare, the bombs bursting in air...


Hello, big hugs and a thank you for joining me today on Cowboy Kisses.

Independence day is right around the corner and I thought It would be fun to do a Q&A. There was one question with two parts. Thank you to all the participants. It was a hard choice and I could only choose a few. 

But first I inserted a few pictures of my family on 4th of July's gone by. First Picture is of Elizabeth in her car seat and her older cousins Gracie & Piper. 2nd is of my sister and I celebrating the fourth at her son's house. 3rd Picture is of my eldest granddaughter Michelle.
4th Picture is baby Elizabeth who is now 3.




"Oh, say can you see by the dawns early light.
What so proudly we hailed at the twilights last gleaming? Whose broad stripes and bright stars thru the perilous fight.

O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming? And the rockets red glare, the bombs bursting in air gave proof thru the night that our flag was still there.


Oh, say does that star-spangled banner yet wave, O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave."




******



The other day when I entered Costco are United States of America flag was the first item to catch my eye. Our flag hung proudley, even though it was in Costco. And I thought, it doesn't matter where our flag is hung it still stands for our freedom, and are independence. I stand a little straighter, I feel safe, and I'm glad to be an American. 

The second thing I noticed was that it was a perfect set up for celebrating the holiday. Coal for the BBQ, the American flag, and fireworks. 



*****



Q&A

Do you celebrate the 4th of July? If the answers "YES," then how do you celebrate?


Answer: Aaron-Yes, are you kidding me. I'm a American. I like to blow up things and run around the campfire naked. I like to BBQ and drink beer too.

Answer: Carol-Yes, on the morning of the historic Sedro Woolley 4th of July Parade, my family and I  get up early and make our way to the same place we sit everyyear. We enjoy the rest of the day with a family BBQ, and fireworks. We sit out on the deck as the evening darkens and await the fireworks to begin. From my deck we can view fireworks from five different towns, Sedro Woolley, Samish Island, Anacortes and Laconner.

Answer:Stephanie-Yes-3rd of July we go to the Big Lake firework show. 4th of July my family friends and I have a BBQ, with a firework show at dark. This year I wanted to do Sedro Woolley's Loger Rodeo for the 1st time and make it a tradition. However, thanks to Covid that won't happen.

Answer: Susan-Yes, family BBQ and fireworks.

Answer: Kinsey-Yes, it's the onetime a year family and friends gather at my house and we blow things up with a cannon. Party lasts sometimes for days. It's the happiest time of the year when we are all together.

Answer: Heather-Yes, we BBQ and light off fireworks.

Once again a big high five to those who shared.


*****


 4th of July Tid bits


Some of this information you may already know, or might have known once upon a time...

July 4th became a Federal Holiday in the United states July 4th 1941.

July 2nd 1776 the Continental Congress voted in favor of Independence.

July 4th 1776 delegates from all 13 colonies adopted the Declaration of Independence.

Thomas Jefferson wrote the Declaration of Independence a historic document.

July 4th 1776 until present has become the birth of American independence.

The celebration of Independence day started back in the 18th century during the American revolution and has been celebrated every 4th of July since with family and friends gathering together for a BBQ, games, parades, and fireworks.

Betsy Ross June 14th of 1977 made the first official United States flag.

Robert G. "BobHeft was the designer of the current 50-star flag. 




*****


Well I hope you enjoyed the visit and perhaps learned a little. Big hugs till next time!


Chasing time: Jesse is my latest release.

here's the link:https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0852P7MTM

You can also reach me at facebook, Linkedin, Instagram, tweeter and my email address is ruthie.manier@gmail.com, I'd love to hear from you!









See ya next time!

Ruthie L. Manier










1 comment:

Julie Lence said...

Good info, and cute kids! Thank you Ruthie.