Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Have you Seen Brisco County Jr.?

 Post by Doris McCraw

aka Angela Raines



Those who know me know I love Westerns. Western stories, Western movies, and Western TV shows.

Of the early westerns, "Ox-Box Incident" with Henry Fonda and Harry Morgan, and "3:10 to Yuma" with Glenn Ford and Van Heflin are probably my favorites.

Of the "B' Western, any Hoppy movie, or one with Alan 'Rocky' Lane are at the top of the list. Of course, Tim Holt movies are worth a look.

Alan 'Rocky' Lane
Image from Wikipedia

TV shows - "Gunslinger", "Laramie", and "Cheyenne" are tops. However, a late arrival in the Westerns is a show called "The Adventures of Brisco County Jr." I loved that show.

It was a unique take on the Western genre. There were some supernatural elements, a horse who was smarter than almost anyone else, along with a villain and hero who were just plain fun.

Bruce Campbell as Brisco County Jr.
 Image from Wikipedia

The cast, composed of Bruce Campbell, Julius Carry, and Christian Clemenson as, and get this character name, Socrates Poole.  

I made it a point to see every episode and even bought the DVD series when it became available.

If you get the chance and want a good laugh, check it out. 

Trailer for '3:10 to Yuma'

Trailer for 'Ox-Bow Incident"

Trailer for 'Brisco County Jr.'


Until Next Time: Stay safe, Stay happy, and Stay healthy. 

Doris





2 comments:

Julie Lence said...

Hi Doris: I remember the show but not sure I watched it. I'd have to see an episode... My fav western movie is McClintock. I always laugh, and though I love John Wayne, my favorite character was the chief, who, while always being where the action was, somehow escaped being part of the action. Thanks for sharing and have a great day!

Renaissance Women said...

McLintock is a winner. There really are some great shows out there. If you get a chance, check out Brisco and let me know what you think. Doris